Skip to main content

Stand

Not long ago I knew this girl. When asked at a youth group leader meeting to write down what is most important to her she wrote one word: Truth. Not sure what all of that entailed, she then endeavoured to live her life chasing hard after that Truth. Failing, falling, bumping, bruising along sometimes this chase looked more like a scared run or a hide and seek game of the ashamed.

This girl, she knew that Truth must be her anchor, but didn't really know what that looked like. She wanted to stand for it, but how to do this was always a challenge that seemed to be the better.  It seemed as if the world had invaded the church...that those wanting to stand for Truth, including this girl looked a whole lot like those who said that you couldn't know it and to claim to was arrogant and self righteous.

Wrapping herself tight in her own wisdom was folly. Comparisons always lead to discontent and this girl? She spent almost four years in Germany, just that...discontent. As Humility leaned in and breathed its wispy soft blows to her bleeding heart the Spirit helped her realise that grace and truth....those two must go hand in hand.  Words from the Word of Life, kind words from friends who know the Word began to take root to blossom something anew. This is not a Truth ladder to climb, rather a race with the goal, the prize given not to the winner, but because of the Winner, Jesus Christ who lives inside her. She claims Him as her prize and because of him is called Child by the One who made all things past to present and makes all things new today.

This girl.
She Stands
because of the One who stood in her place
and yours....
 
 
 
More counting of these wondrous gifts...
 
812. learning to stand
813. looking back, seeing grace
814. grappling, praying KNOWING the Lord will show us the way
815. friends
816. running late: learning humility, and some time manangement ;)
817. a husband who hates to leave us...even for a night
818. knitted hats
819. sisters in Christ who pray, I know they do
820. kids playing freeze dance in the living room to Britt Nicole. Her cd Gold is super fun BTW. :)
 

 

And yes, I am still memorizing...though this brain of mine is slow. I am challenging myself to get Phil. 3:7-14 memorized this week...and trying not to worry about falling so. far. behind.  I do hope you're challenging yourself too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Is

  Winter Is...       Naps on the couch     Good Reads. With leaves for bookmarkers.     Lots of light saboring.       Snow Forts.       Dogs pulling a sled 200 miles.     And the musher behind them.     Coats zipped up to our eyeballs     Frozen Face. Seriously, his face was frozen.      Skiing   Falling down while skiing     Success! while skiing.       Lot's of yelling, "Do the pizza!!!" at skiing children.     Together.

Little Reminders

It is no small secret that I am forgetful....a little scatterbrained. I can't fully take all the blame for this. I think it that the "fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants" gene was passed along by the one I call mom, and sometimes Kathy Delrene to be funny because she often middle names me (endearingly of course) and I like to remind her (like she's forgotten) that her middle name is Delrene. Not that I'm blaming her, but I don't accept the responsibility either. Ok, I'm blaming her. Sorry, mom (she knows I'm kidding...well, at least kind of.) The good news is that I only forget semi-important things like birthdays (if you think birthdays are more important than semi-important we probably shouldn't be friends), what day the church yard sale is on exactly and mixing up when I need to help b/c I didn't write it down, to make a dozen cookies for the Christmas time gifts to the Airmen in the dorms (oops!), to bring the ipod with me to the gym (grrr...hate

Never Too Late for Friday Favs!

Yes, I know it's Sat. It's actually lateish Sat. evening. FridayFavs are actually supposed to be posted on Friday. Which is not today. Obviously. Oh, time management we have already decided you are one of my greatest foes. However, since the past couple of weeks have been, well pretty wonderful I thought I would share in more of the fun and favorite things we did together. These here are some of our Favs from when the laundry fairy (AKA Nana) was still in town.  Making sweet treats     And a Pinata And just for the record Pinatas are hard to make. It is a project that takes about a week. Not 2 or 3 days Unless you live in the South and can put it outside to dry in Oct.     Best. Dad. Ever.     Ironman. Meg (from Little Women). And a pirate, of course. I love them all. Well, the children dressed up as them anyway.     Yup. This here is the Cowboy at the fishin' hole.     It is quite possible that our homema