Skip to main content

Cheering for You!!

Click this link, if you'd rather listen to me read this post. Enjoy!

Y’all. People are cheering for you. It may not feel like it right now. You may be in the pit but I promise there are people out there rooting you on. They see you. They have not forgotten about you. Time may have marched on. You may have lived far apart for many years but it doesn’t matter. Things change. People change but most of the time...more often than not, they want you to succeed. I was reminded of that this week in a special way.




It’s easier to believe the nay sayers isn’t it? Those who maybe are in your life more regularly and don’t know how to be encouraging. “Nay, nay, nay,” they say. It’s hard to turn aside and remember what is true isn’t it?



 As I’m typing this out I know you are thinking of at least one of those people you can encourage. Go ahead and reach out. Text or call her. Send her flower. Or chocolate. Tell her you’re cheering for her. Tell her how thankful you are for her friendship even after all these years. And though life has taken you down different paths, you’ll always be cheering for her. 


If I believed in Karma, I would think that somehow I did something to deserve such graces this past week because of some kind of good I have done. But it wasn’t Karma. It was nothing short of God’s immeasurable and unrelenting grace. 

It was such a silly thing I started last week: launching into a business (Usborne Books and More) on a whim, almost. And if nothing else, I was able to catch up with friends whom I hadn't chatted with in a long time. A friend who is walking through a very dark season. I was able to speak truth into her life and encourage her heart. A friend whose dad just passed away into Glory. I was the one encouraged here...by her strength in the midst of such great loss and pain. Neither of these women ordered books from me, but you know what, it doesn't matter. A friend showed up to my FB party and just interacted with my friends, whom some of she didn't know. That helped others feel included. I was blessed and so were they. 

If you follow me on FB, you know I can't help saying just how I was so blown away at the amount of women who just showed up.  Really, I shouldn't have been. God has always graced me with the kind of friends that show up. The books alone, which I was able to purchase with the rewards from my party, will set me up so I'm able to, hopefully, spread my love for quality, educational books with other families and make some extra cash in the process. I'm excited (and a little timid) about the possibilities. 

I'd say I'm off to a great start. 

How about you? Who can you let know you're cheering for them today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Is

  Winter Is...       Naps on the couch     Good Reads. With leaves for bookmarkers.     Lots of light saboring.       Snow Forts.       Dogs pulling a sled 200 miles.     And the musher behind them.     Coats zipped up to our eyeballs     Frozen Face. Seriously, his face was frozen.      Skiing   Falling down while skiing     Success! while skiing.       Lot's of yelling, "Do the pizza!!!" at skiing children.     Together.

Little Reminders

It is no small secret that I am forgetful....a little scatterbrained. I can't fully take all the blame for this. I think it that the "fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants" gene was passed along by the one I call mom, and sometimes Kathy Delrene to be funny because she often middle names me (endearingly of course) and I like to remind her (like she's forgotten) that her middle name is Delrene. Not that I'm blaming her, but I don't accept the responsibility either. Ok, I'm blaming her. Sorry, mom (she knows I'm kidding...well, at least kind of.) The good news is that I only forget semi-important things like birthdays (if you think birthdays are more important than semi-important we probably shouldn't be friends), what day the church yard sale is on exactly and mixing up when I need to help b/c I didn't write it down, to make a dozen cookies for the Christmas time gifts to the Airmen in the dorms (oops!), to bring the ipod with me to the gym (grrr...hate

Never Too Late for Friday Favs!

Yes, I know it's Sat. It's actually lateish Sat. evening. FridayFavs are actually supposed to be posted on Friday. Which is not today. Obviously. Oh, time management we have already decided you are one of my greatest foes. However, since the past couple of weeks have been, well pretty wonderful I thought I would share in more of the fun and favorite things we did together. These here are some of our Favs from when the laundry fairy (AKA Nana) was still in town.  Making sweet treats     And a Pinata And just for the record Pinatas are hard to make. It is a project that takes about a week. Not 2 or 3 days Unless you live in the South and can put it outside to dry in Oct.     Best. Dad. Ever.     Ironman. Meg (from Little Women). And a pirate, of course. I love them all. Well, the children dressed up as them anyway.     Yup. This here is the Cowboy at the fishin' hole.     It is quite possible that our homema