Skip to main content

A Pretty Picture of Paris


There is much the Lord is teaching 'round these here parts. So much so that I have not been able to articulate them even in my mind in such a way that makes sinse on paper...in a way that I think is thoughtful. Usually, that is where the writing begins...with some prayer and meditation. Reading through the Bible has stirred much inside me, but it's hard to know where to begin....so I'm not going to...not yet anyway. So instead, I'll post this pretty picture of Paris. Yeah, sometimes it's pretty unreal that Justin and I were there together!



And until next time...
 my heart is filled with joy and peace knowing that Lord, You are in control. I rest in knowing that I may plan, and plan but you, Mighty God are the One who guides my steps. May my walk with you deepen as I grow in knowledge and the truth of your word and who this Jesus really is. You mercy is new every morning and you give grace that fills me overflowing. Humble I come in awe of you, Father for Great is your Holy Name. If ever I don't understand why you do what you do, I can rest in knowing Who you are. Help me to love you ever more. ~ Amen

Some more of this counting of gifts...thank you Father for:

781. snow tires
782. one boy: excited about starting school
783. Super One coupons: the best!
784. being taught through the words though my understanding is not always where I would like
785. our AWANA leaders and commander and wife
786. committing, with my Love, to learning a verse a week this year
787. warm beds
788. a God who cares and is in control
789. remembering to focus on today, that yesterday is G.O.N.E.
790. UPWARD basketball starting tomorrow :)

On a side note Justin and I have decided to memorize a verse per week this year. Wanna join in? I'll list the verse every Monday. We downloaded the app Fighter Verses. I was shocked it was $3.00, but it turned out to be a great because there are many activities to help memorize the verse at different levels so if you're kids aren't already learning 100 verses at AWANA or some other program, they can join in also. It even has a way for you to record yourself saying the verse aloud...which is pretty funny!

For some reason we started on set 3. Go figure, us doing something weird. This week's verse is found in 2 Chronicles 16:9:

"For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to give strong support to those whose heart is blameless toward him." ESV

Another great place to go to memorize the Word of God is Scripture Typer. It is free and I believe that they now have an app, but I can't recommend it because I have not downloaded it myself.

Happy learnin' Y'all!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Is

  Winter Is...       Naps on the couch     Good Reads. With leaves for bookmarkers.     Lots of light saboring.       Snow Forts.       Dogs pulling a sled 200 miles.     And the musher behind them.     Coats zipped up to our eyeballs     Frozen Face. Seriously, his face was frozen.      Skiing   Falling down while skiing     Success! while skiing.       Lot's of yelling, "Do the pizza!!!" at skiing children.     Together.

Little Reminders

It is no small secret that I am forgetful....a little scatterbrained. I can't fully take all the blame for this. I think it that the "fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants" gene was passed along by the one I call mom, and sometimes Kathy Delrene to be funny because she often middle names me (endearingly of course) and I like to remind her (like she's forgotten) that her middle name is Delrene. Not that I'm blaming her, but I don't accept the responsibility either. Ok, I'm blaming her. Sorry, mom (she knows I'm kidding...well, at least kind of.) The good news is that I only forget semi-important things like birthdays (if you think birthdays are more important than semi-important we probably shouldn't be friends), what day the church yard sale is on exactly and mixing up when I need to help b/c I didn't write it down, to make a dozen cookies for the Christmas time gifts to the Airmen in the dorms (oops!), to bring the ipod with me to the gym (grrr...hate

Never Too Late for Friday Favs!

Yes, I know it's Sat. It's actually lateish Sat. evening. FridayFavs are actually supposed to be posted on Friday. Which is not today. Obviously. Oh, time management we have already decided you are one of my greatest foes. However, since the past couple of weeks have been, well pretty wonderful I thought I would share in more of the fun and favorite things we did together. These here are some of our Favs from when the laundry fairy (AKA Nana) was still in town.  Making sweet treats     And a Pinata And just for the record Pinatas are hard to make. It is a project that takes about a week. Not 2 or 3 days Unless you live in the South and can put it outside to dry in Oct.     Best. Dad. Ever.     Ironman. Meg (from Little Women). And a pirate, of course. I love them all. Well, the children dressed up as them anyway.     Yup. This here is the Cowboy at the fishin' hole.     It is quite possible that our homema